[WSM_Forum] Market capitalism
'alanjjohnstone@yahoo.co.uk' alanjjohnstone@yahoo.co.uk [WSM_Forum]
2018-09-04 23:35:01 UTC
The "Marxist" economist, Richard Wolff, and advocate of cooperatives,  suggests that there is no such thing as market capitalism.
He defines capitalism to fit his ideology
https://truthout.org/articles/capitalism-is-not-the-market-system/

alan johnstone
upralmamater UPRalmamater@gmail.com [WSM_Forum]
alan johnstone
upralmamater UPRalmamater@gmail.com [WSM_Forum]
alan johnstone
Matthew Culbert lists@prolerat.org [WSM_Forum]
2018-09-05 11:39:03 UTC
Post by '***@yahoo.co.uk' ***@yahoo.co.uk [WSM_Forum]
The "Marxist" economist, Richard Wolff, and advocate of cooperatives,
suggests that there is no such thing as market capitalism.
He defines capitalism to fit his ideology
https://truthout.org/articles/capitalism-is-not-the-market-system/
alan johnstone
...and 'Truthout' doesn't allow any truthful feedback.

I see John Lewis successful 'employee owned' unequal partnership is
making cuts and redundancies.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/john-lewis-staff-face-bonus-cut-and-further-redundancies-as-profits-slump-77-36684344.html

Regards,

Matt
'alanjjohnstone@yahoo.co.uk' alanjjohnstone@yahoo.co.uk [WSM_Forum]
2018-09-05 22:48:58 UTC
Thanks for the link Matt. Our blog in due course will be posting on that info
Truthout once did have a comments section as did Counterpunch but a few years ago closed it.
I am not a fan of Ellen Brown, who writes on a number of American "progressive" sites on banking reform but i have commended her a few times for actually engaging with those who submit comments to her articles, something very rare these days on the internet, and an example to those who claim to seek increased political participation should follow if sincere about grass-roots involvement. Wolff has not done so, he prefers lecturing rather than being prepared to answer questions when his views are published.
alan johnstone

Matt
'alanjjohnstone@yahoo.co.uk' alanjjohnstone@yahoo.co.uk [WSM_Forum]
2018-09-06 02:45:00 UTC
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/09/05/seven-ways-build-solidarity-economy

Here is a related article which does permit comments. I have already posted one

Matt
Matthew Culbert lists@prolerat.org [WSM_Forum]
2018-09-06 11:13:58 UTC
Post by '***@yahoo.co.uk' ***@yahoo.co.uk [WSM_Forum]
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/09/05/seven-ways-build-solidarity-economy
Here is a related article which does permit comments. I have already
posted one
alan johnstone
Thanks for that. Common Dreams is a site i get occasional updates from.
You posted two I see.

Matt